Sunday, February 7, 2016

A little something french and honest

The picture that you see above is a photo that I took today. It just so happens to be a description of what I would like to do with my life. If it isn't clear to you what the meaning of the photo is... this is written in French and what it says is "My goal is to be adventuresome, My goal is to travel the world and find my place in it." 
 
You see I am a freshman in high school and believe it or not for the most part of my friends already have an idea of what they would like to do with their lives. Like for instance, one of my best friends who's name I will leave unknown has already decided that she plans on going to Washington state university to get her degree to become a physician. she knows that she would like 3 children by the age of 30, also she as names picked out.
But that's the thing.. I have no idea where I would like to go career wise but you see that is where the quote comes in. Although I am entirely lost when it comes to a career path I would like to take. I have on thing that I have my heart set on. And that one thing, the moment of clarity comes into my mind when I hear the word adventure.
You see I grew up in a house hold of judge mental people who honestly probably couldn't hold their tongues even if their lives depended on it. looking back on what I just wrote sounds quite rude and mean but to tell the truth that's not how I mean it to sound to tell the truth in my mind that's just honesty.
There's lots of different kinds of people in the world including some who can hold their tongues and possibly even hold their tongues a bit obsessively, who don't always feel that they have the power to use their voices to stand up for what they believe in, that is an example of someone like me. Now just take a moment and think of the exact opposite of me.. someone who enjoys voicing their opinion and doesn't have much of a problem if people don't necessarily agree.
Now you have met my parents and sister as well as a large portion of my friends whom I love dearly.
But those are just two of the different types of people in the world and even thought that's how I describe this particular group, other people may disagree with my explanation which again is perfectly fine in my opinion because its your choice what you do.
In most cases, including my own. no one is forcing you to believe in one single thing and without particularly strange practices, no one has the ability to control what it is you take from a situation. It is entirely your own ability to decide what you do or don't take from a situation. Which is exactly why I want to adventure, I want to find the ability to discover multiple different perspectives so that I can then have or better yet acquire those different perspectives to then decide which I would like to call my own.
So basically what I'm trying to get across is that in my mind I need to travel to find myself. which is the entirety of the reason that I wrote this quote.             
  

No comments:

Post a Comment